Mission Statement

This is a blog about reentry into society for persons released from prison and the many difficulties and barriers they face. The writings contained in this blog come from personal experience and they are intended to put out information from the real life adventures I have come up against with navigating my reentry into society. The blog welcomes submissions from anyone who is or has gone through reentry after prison as well as from any authorities, organizations, etc. with information that would be help for prisoners with their reentry to society after incarceration.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Blocked

By Steve Gordon

If you read the post about the new ML registration you will remember I mentioned a newspaper article by Laurie Mason Schroeder of the Bucks County Courier Times. It appears open mindedness to hear all sides of issues...ah...well she has seemingly blocked my email address from contacting her. This is what came back when I tried to send her an email tonight.


     "This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 0 second(s):



All I was trying to do was send her a copy of an email I sent to friends which read:


Dear Friends,

 

Because of new stricter laws regarding my required ML registration with the PA State Police from my offense, all “internet identifiers (such as email address(es))” now have to be on record. It is ambiguous but I expect when I check in next this will include social media such as my FB identity. As such any communications I have with anyone are potentially not private.

 

While there has not been any behavior on my part to illicit research or investigation nor any communications to cause alarm or would be a problem if they were monitored or researched, this is an invasion of your privacy. If you feel that your email contact with me is a problem and request no further emails from me I understand your wanting to protect your privacy and I will respect that.

 

If you have a problem with this new requirement you can contact the office of the governor of Pennsylvania, Tom Corbett, as well as your local state representatives and senators and voice your opinions on Act 111 of 2011 and Act 9 of 2012.

 

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment