Mission Statement

This is a blog about reentry into society for persons released from prison and the many difficulties and barriers they face. The writings contained in this blog come from personal experience and they are intended to put out information from the real life adventures I have come up against with navigating my reentry into society. The blog welcomes submissions from anyone who is or has gone through reentry after prison as well as from any authorities, organizations, etc. with information that would be help for prisoners with their reentry to society after incarceration.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Cleansing

By Steve Gordon

I don't know why it took so long, but I have been keeping two file boxes full of court related papers and numerous legal actions I filed while in prison. I was released from prison in May 2010 after 10 years and for a reason I cannot come up with I have kept all these papers in numerous file folders.

Among them was a four inch thick file with all my parole papers from my four parole denials and my challenges and letters. I ventured to read some of them and they sound just as lame today as they did before.

One humorous thing I came across was a cartoon with a prisoner talking with his attorney and the prisoner saying, "I can't get paroled. I will lose my health coverage." How appropriate is that today with the political world tied up in knots and Obamacare that seemingly most of the population of our country does not want and many of our legislators who don't even understand it?

I cannot explain the feeling of letting go of this part of my past. I put on some CD's of movie soundtracks and the one that hit me the most was the theme from "The Last of the Mohicans" called "Top of the World." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Papcv0A6vn0  Take some time to sit back and listen to it. Loud is good to let it flow through you.

Anyway, I am half way through the cleansing and there is no hesitation to what I might keep or not. It is all going. All the petitions, court rulings, court transcripts, letters to lawyers, etc. All of it.

Just thought I would share that.

No comments:

Post a Comment