Mission Statement

This is a blog about reentry into society for persons released from prison and the many difficulties and barriers they face. The writings contained in this blog come from personal experience and they are intended to put out information from the real life adventures I have come up against with navigating my reentry into society. The blog welcomes submissions from anyone who is or has gone through reentry after prison as well as from any authorities, organizations, etc. with information that would be help for prisoners with their reentry to society after incarceration.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Searching

Message from Steve Gordon

I haven't made many new entries as I have moved on with my life, but I have written about most of the things I have faced with my reentry. I would say at this point my reentry is successful and I have put the 10 years in prison behind.

My relationship with my son is going very well and I absolutely would give my life to protect my granddaughter who will be 2 on 12-10-12.

For those who have been on the blog or those new to the blog I want to suggest reading or rereading the very first post I made called "Reentry is no Picnic." It is down on the list of posts so it could easily be missed. I think this spells out a lot of things, especially for those recently released. It is something I believe that is timeless.

Thanks.

In closing this post I want to say that I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving Day and that the rest of the holiday season is enjoyed with positive experiences with family and friends. Don't do anything that will send you back to a place where you don't want to be. Take control of your life, don't let life control you.

No comments:

Post a Comment